Babes & Kids Apex, NC Childcare, Five Star Preschool, Daycare & After School Programs
The commitment that “Your child is our child” has inspired Babes & Kids to provide the children in our daycare program with the highest standard of care, teaching, and learning opportunities. We create an environment in which your child can grow, explore, and flourish! Our preschool provides engaging childcare and school-age programs for each stage of child development:
- Infant & Toddler Childcare (6 weeks to 24 months)
- Early Preschool (2 to 3 year olds)
- Pre-Kindergarten Learning Program (4 to 5 year olds)
- Before/After School, Track Out & Summer Camp Programs (5-12 year olds)
Our Preschool Offers a Complete Child Development Program
At Babes & Kids, we know that education is about more than filling up a brain with facts—it’s about making learning engaging, fun, and challenging to create a lifelong love of education. Our programs involve attentive teaching to create a learning atmosphere that fosters child development at every age. Each classroom is designed to engage children, making learning fun, and create opportunities for learning and growth in every area of child development.
The interest areas of instruction and child development covered in our classrooms include:
- Character & Social Development
- Computer Technology
- Creative Free Play
- Introductory Spanish
- Math Concepts
- Music Appreciation
- Nature & Science
- Physical Fitness
- Reading Readiness
- Vocabulary & Verbal Skills
A Day at Our Preschool
Our preschool classrooms all follow a similar structure, modified as needed to accommodate different ages, individual student needs, and developmental levels. Outlined below are some typical daily activities:
- Our teachers use the Creative Curriculum to prepare and implement lesson plans that create meaningful learning activities.
- The day begins by gathering together for group circle time to share ideas, outline the routine for the day, and make observations. These circle time activities are meant to stimulate children’s thinking, enrich their social skills, and explore the weekly theme.
- Outdoor play time allows children to play freely with others and develop fine and gross motor skills. The outdoor areas at Babes & Kids include age-appropriate equipment that encourages creative play, playground structures, and play vehicles like tricycles and push scooters.
- Children choose from independent free play time or interest areas for some “hands-on” learning. Interest areas focus on a particular activity or skill so children can follow their interests to play independently or in small groups. Free play provides great physical benefits, but also has positive effects on cognitive development and social relationships.
Our Nutrition Program
A balanced, healthy diet is essential to every child’s growth and learning. We put nutrition first when planning our lunches and snacks. All meals are prepared in our kitchen by our in house cook.
Each lunch includes: a protein component, a bread or grain, a vegetable or fruit, and 2% milk. Snacks include a bread or grain and one of the following: cheese, fruit, vegetables or 100% juice. Our menu complies completely with the childcare standards of meal patterns for children, and meets menu standards set by the USDA.
We strive to use the freshest and highest quality of ingredients in our menus. Unlike many of our competitors, the tuition you pay includes a morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack. It is our commitment to provide your child with the best possible food and to do so without any additional charge to you.
Call Us to Set Up Your Tour of Babes & Kids Today!
We look forward to meeting you and showing you our school! You can always contact us for more information. Many families enroll because we are conveniently accessible from Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Raleigh, Cary, and Holly Springs.